Thursday 17 November 2011

the Christenson Christening

We're getting the kids baptized this Sunday.  It's getting interesting.  The original plan was to have them christened in the same church in Ingersol where all of Amy's family have traditionally been baptized.  Not going to happen any time soon.  So we have it here.  I have never been to a baptism, except my own which I don't remember.  I have no idea what is expected of me.  We're trying to meet with the Minister, but he has chosen this week to take multiple days off.  We cannot find clothes for the kids.  You'd think in Red Deer, of all places, you'd be able to find christening clothes.  Nope.  Amy is trying to do tons of baking because apparently we need to host a tea afterward.  Lots of fun with Tait in a carrier and Claire being, well, CRAZY.
Update:
The girls we've got covered now; Claire is wearing the same dress her Mom and her Nan wore.  We found a nice simple dress for Grace.  No shoes though...  Hopefully, my wonderful sister-in-law can find something in Edmonton today for Tait, assuming she survives the roads.  Pictures will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment